simple strawberry salad.
June 2, 2014 § 2 Comments
I love a colorful salad!
I snapped these photos the other day on a whim. I wasn’t planning to blog about this salad, but this has become a go-to meal as of late. Light, easy, satisfying, somewhat healthy. [As a rule, I only eat salads if they involve cheese. And bacon.]
So, I thought I’d share. The ingredients are all approximate; make it as large as you like. Feel free to leave out ingredients or swap in others. This is what I did to make one salad.
What you need:
- generous handful of fresh spinach
- generous handful of romaine lettuce
- tablespoon of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 cups strawberries, stems removed, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 5-6 snap peas
- 1-2 teaspoons of chopped pecans
- 1 slice of bacon, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
What to do:
Put the spinach and romaine in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Add the strawberries, snap peas, and goat cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk your lemon juice with the olive oil (using a fork) and season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad. Top with chopped pecans and bacon.
Note: It doesn’t seem like a lot of dressing, but it goes far!
Looks great! It’s always nice to have simple formulas like this to use up those fresh vegetables. 🙂